Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just another thursday

"Good Morning, I Love you". This is how I start my mornings, by sending this message in a e-mail to my wife Sally. Then I wait for her response, hopefully something that might start a conversation to carry me thru the morning. By the way, I'm a work, while all of this takes place. Most days I feel like I'm in the Mike Judge movie " Office Space" and I'm Peter, staring at my computer for the first few hours of the day, and in all true form and fashion, really only do about 5 hours of work a week. But I know better, I'm here to follow the path of most adults follow and join the working force. I'm cool with it to a point, where the fine line is drawn, I'm not sure. So I walk around the office, say my good mornings, and then make my way to my desk.
I do take the time to make sure I'm not missing anything work related stuff that would bring attention to my 5 hours of real work, and god forbid make it 40 hours...
So once I have cleared the plate for work, I tend to doodle. "Doodle"? yeah, that is right, I'm a doodler. Its a good thing, I have come up with some great ideas to paint, or to flush out in to designs. I'm currently working on a Sketch book titled " Please take a message" Its a ton of little doodles, I have done while waiting for something or someone. The first half is a bunch of these doodles, and then the other half, I'm returning to my punk rock roots and doing a fanzine about art and artists. Its a relive to be doing this again, I'm getting to draw and do a fanzine again, and the best part is its totally on my own terms, when I do it, or how many I make, because I'm using the copier at work to print it, so no printers, no advertisers no one to tell me its right or wrong.. It's so DIY.. "Fuck" I'm so DIY... no not really, I'm an kid, trying to fit in to an adults world. or something like that....

No comments: